Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The almighty chase of the curl & definition



Day 3-4 of a flat twist out


I'm always asked the question " what do you use to get your hair curly?" " How do you define your curls?"  The answer has remained the same for the last 6 months- I do flat twist out, using diluted lottabody setting lotion and my homemade whipped shea butter. I pineapple my hair at night, shake, and fluff in the am and ROCK OUT!

I have curly hair, however I'm no longer chasing curls and demanding that my hair is " defined" 24/7. I do my twist out on Sunday and I don't re twist until the following Sunday. I stretch a twist out for 5 days ( sometimes 6). The picture above is a 3rd or 4th day twist out. In the morning, I take down my hair ( from the pineapple), take my shower ( the steam help loosen the hair), after the shower ( i don't not wet the hair- I just let the steam work), spritz with Oyin Handmade Juice N Berries ( or you could use water), fluff and go.. I'm now in love with my hair on day 3-5 of my twist out- I love the volume and loose curl. Day 1-2 the pattern is really tight and and not " big" as I would like- not my fav look ( on myself).

Day 2 of a flat twist out 

MOISTURE is what defines and shapes our curls, not product. MOISTURE is what chases frizz away. Use products to enchace what you have, not create something that isn't there. Curls come naturally- not in a jar ( or tube, or bottle).


{ posted on BlackGirlLongHair.com/} " Don’t fight nature, embrace it. Haute hair, begins with healthy hair. So, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Trim every 3 months. Choose protective styles whenever possible. Avoid heat like the plague. Once you have mastered these principles, explore styling options that work with your natural curl pattern. If your hair is very kinky, roll with it…literally. Styles like finger twists and comb twists will produce awesome lasting texture with ease. These styles also tend to look better as they age. Gently separate the twist after a few days for greater volume and variety."



Now that summer is creeping up on us and the the heat and humidity is in FULL EFFECT- Below are links to a few post to help you maintain healthy summer hair and keep the curls popping by providing tips on how to moisturize & maintain length.


Co-Washing Natural Hair

Moisturizing & Sealing Natural Hair

My ( daily/weekly/monthly) Regime

Disclaimer: These images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Mz. Sixx. Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted © 2012 – Au’Naturale by Mz. Sixx

1 comment:

Mahogany said...

Still love the haircut

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...