Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Favorite products under $10

1. BoBeam-http://www.etsy.com/shop/BobeamProducts

Shampoo Bars- $5.00-$6.50
Bobeam's specialty is shampoo bars made with all natural ingredients and they can be used on all hair types, including locs. The shampoo bars contain no SLS or SLES, detergents, surfactants, or sulfates. They are all-natural, 100% vegetable soap, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic and biodegradable.

I wash my daughters locs with the Shealoe Shampoo Bar. It thoroughly cleanses her hair without stripping. It lathers really well and I like that I can control the areas that need special attention too-around her forehead where she has dandruff & itchy scalp ( because its a bar- I wet my hand, rub the bar between them and use my soapy hands to wash her hair).  The Shealoe Signature Shampoo Bar is a combination of shea butter and aloe, tea tree and lemon oil. The lemon oil gives the bar a light, clean fresh lemon scent. Shea butter is a great moisturizer which also provides elasticity and sun protection. Aloe is great for hydration, itchy scalp and/or dandruff, and helps with hair loss by renewing the follicular cycle and stimulating the scalp.



2. Queen Helene http://www.queenhelene.com/

Queen Helene Royal Curl - Curl Shaping Cream $7.99
naturally tame frizz, define curls and smooth waves with silky hold. Pure Aloe Vera Gel and Agave Nectar quench your hair’s thirst without the grease, while powerful Green Tea antioxidants and intense moisturizers defend against damaging heat and humidity. All natural: No harsh, or drying chemicals like alcohol, sulfates, petrolatum, parabens or phthalates.

I ran across this product at Target.  Its consistency is more of a gel than a cream. A little goes a long way this product. I use this product on freshly washed wet hair to do flat twist-out hair styles. On each section of hair apply your oil of choice then a little of the Curl Shaping Cream ( a little goes a long way). If you use too much your hair will have a crunchy" feel to it. Then flat twist the hair ( I flat twist all going back). I secure the hanging part of the twist with a bobby pin ( that also keeps the hair stretched).  I achieve great curl definition and my twist outs last 3-4 days.


3. Garnier Fructis- http://www.garnierusa.com/

Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment $4.99
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo: Dryness Reversal Treatment includes the 3 nutritive fruit oils plus apricot seeds that massage and stimulate hair from the root for the ultimate nourishing experience. In just 3 minutes, it helps reverse the signs of dryness for silky hair that’s full of life.

I usually deep condition my hair overnight because I feel that this gives my hair an added boost of moisture. But when you simply want to do a deep conditioning treatment without the long process this product is the way to go. In 3 minutes this product left my hair feeling soft, moisturized and very healthy. This would be a great treatment to do during the week when you want to pamper yourself sans the extra time this kind of product typically requires. You can purchase this product at Target, walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and most grocery stores that carry health and beauty aids.


4. Shea Moisture - www.sheamoisture.com
Hold and Shine Moisture Mist $9.99

Imparts a high-gloss shine, while providing hold and hydration to hair. Spray liberally through towel-dried hair from roots to ends and use a wide-tooth comb to distribute evenly. Style as desired. May be used on dry hair to freshen hairstyle. Contains de-ionized water, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, silk protein, essential oil blend, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) seed oil, algae extract, Hyssopus Officinalis extract, Salvia Officinalis (sage) leaf and Equisetum Arvense extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract and Tocopherol (vitamin E). *Denotes certified organic ingredients.


I use this product on my day 2-4 twist outs. It's a great subsition for water and smells HEAVENLY!!!!
Caution: if you use to much it will leave a sticky feeling to your hair-so use a "light" hand with this product. I lightly spritz my hair, fluff, shake, and go ( on a old twist/braid out)!

 
5. Lottabody- http://www.lottabody.com/
Setting lotion $4.99

Lottabody Setting Lotion is perfect for wet setting, blow styling or waving natural or relaxed hair. Dries fast. Won't flake. Bonds to hair to help overcome porosity and seal split ends. Creates firm hold, yet is still easy to comb. Gives hair fabulous body and shine. Curls are well defined and full of body. Hair is shiny and remembers the set longer.


This is my go to item for setting twist outs and braid outs. I dilute this product 50:50 with rose water ( you may also use regular water)- pour into a spray bottle add a cap full of oil of your choice ( I use grapeseed oil). Apply to detangled & sectioned hair. Spray the section your working with, and smooth product from root to tip, then twist or braid for a twist/braid out. This product can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply Stores, and local beauty Supply stores.

Honorable Mention

These products are a little more than $10 BUT they are worth the money!!!!!

Oyin Handmade-http://www.oyinhandmade.com/



Burnt Sugar Pomade- $12.00

Similar in texture to an old school 'hair grease,' This blend of oils, butters, and veggie waxes acts as a humectant and protectant for hair, increasing shine to a high glossy sheen and locking in moisture. It's packed with essential fatty acids to nourish scalp, and actually sinks into your hair and skin for a long lasting, non-greasy feeling. It's great for braids, imparts shine and moisture to loose hair, brushes nicely into the hairline for a glossy finish, and adds luster to locks! Contains virgin coconut cream, mango oil, and hempseed oil in a base of nourishing castor oil.

I absolutely love the smell of this product!!!!!. Its thick and heavy and I use this when I do a dry twist out ( usually after day 4 of a twist out) paying close attention to my ends. This product can also be used as a styler, sealer, or refresher.

The Juices- $12.00
Nourishing herbal leave-in tonics have been our most popular products since we first introduced "Greg Juice," the original citrus-herbal version, in 2004. Now available in three unique scents, this oil-free mixture of vegetable moisturizers and herbal essences remains hugely popular among people with many different hair types and needs!

We all know I love The Juices!!!! I use this product when I need to re wet my hair before styling or as a style finishing mist. It's better than water ( IMO) because it doesn't cause my hair to shrink and I love the smell of " juice & berries). I also spritz my daughters loc's with Juice & Berries for a boost of moisture and shine in a New York minute.

P.S. Every month, Oyin Handmade host a few bottling parties where they invite the  lovely Oyin Honeys to visit behind the scenes and help bottle and label oyin goodies! It's a great way to meet other Oyin Honeys, listen to some music, enjoy a few snacks and earn FREE GOODIES!! Please visit here to find out when our next bottling party is, and sign up yourself! The events are RSVP only and they fill up FAST! Make sure to follow our FB and Twitter pages so that you can be among the first to know about each upcoming bottling party! Click Here for more information.....

Disclaimer: I write this blog for my personal enjoyment. From time to time I may give my opinion on a product or service. It is just my opinion, I'm not an expert in the field and other people's opinions may differ.I have purchased each of the aforementioned products with my own money. I have not been asked to provide a review nor was I compensated monetarily or with products.

2 comments:

Laquita said...

Yay!Thanks for the Bobeam Shampoo Bar shout-out :o) Great post as well!

Laquita said...

Great post! And Yay! Thanks for the Bobeam Shampoo Bar mention :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...