Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Salon Spotlight: Ada's Hair Braiding Salon





Ada's Hair Braiding Salon
6429 Landover Rd
Cheverly, MD 20785-1402
(301) 583-0430


Its the weekend before back to school and I'd promised my daughter she could get her hair braided. I had no idea how taxing the task would be to find a salon. I started calling salons Monday and I was not impressed by the lack of customer service and the inability to answer basic questions ( i.e. what price does your corn rows start? Is the price the same for a child vs. an adult, etc). It was very annoying for me to call salons and there was no answer, I left messages as instructed- no return phone call, I emailed a few salons requesting an appointment- NO RESPONSE. I had almost given up on getting her hair braided when I mentioned my problem to a co worker and she recommend Ada's Salon. I went back to my desk and immediately called Ada expecting the same or similar treatment I'd received from other salons. I was pleasantly surprised. She took the time to answer all my questions, and fit my daughters appt at the last minute. I arrived at the salon 20 minutes early- and it was PACKED- a sign of good business. Ada greeted me, she told me someone would be with me shortly. 5 minutes later the braider came over, introduced herself, ask me if I knew what style I wanted for my daughter. I'd picked out a style on the Internet and I brought a copy of that picture into the salon. The stylist looked at the picture twice and pretty much copied the picture braid for braid. The entire style took 2 hours to complete. I was most happy that I learned of a new style called " feed in braids" aka " no- knot braids". You start the cornrow without adding any extensions. You add the hair in the middle or towards the end of the cornrow. This method gets rid of the usual bump at the beginning of a weaved-cornrow and gives the appearance of a natural cornrow. Ada's fee for this style on my daughter was $65.00 ( a bargain considering others quoted me $80- NO STYLE). My daughter is loving her hair, and we will re visit the salon again for all of our braided hairstyle needs.

4 comments:

Nikkia Chanel said...

Gorgeous!!! Ada's did an excellent job!

Atiyah said...

those look lovely.

Ardourliene said...

i like. super neat.

Hair Techs said...

Lovely blog,

We really need more professional blogs like this one that take the time to educate on braiding,dreadlocks, natural hair and extensions.

Also Do you know about the take down remover cream for detangling very tangled and matted hair. Especially when women leave their or their children's cornrows or braids in toooooo long.

cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...