Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

REQUESTED - My Skin Regimen

Hi loves,
Thank you for all the compliments you guys have given me about my skin ( and hair). I appreciate all the love and I'm shocked that so many of you have noticed.  Most of you know that I had scarring left from a Lupus flare up and I was really embarrassed and insecure about my face. I wore full coverage makeup( foundation)  along with Dermablend - EVERYDAY - including hot summer days. I now only wear press powder ( yes!!!). I eventually found a dermatologist who took the time to access all of my skin care issues & needs. My dermatologist is Dr. Callender. She has taught me how to care for my skin at home and has turned my skin around!!!!! I started to see improvement in 4 weeks. Click Here to revisit " Loving the Skin I'm In" The number one thing she has taught me is SPF!!! Yes, ladies- if you're African American YOU STILL NEED SUN SCREEN!!!! ( because I have Lupus I have to use SPF 70, but all of my products contain at least SPF 50)

Naked Face ** Summer 2011 **

MAY-May 9, 2012- Naked Face
I tried to get up close so that ya"ll could my skin

Alot of you have asked what am I doing for my skin. I will share my regimen with you all, BUT this is a regimen that works for me and my skin type and was pescribed to me by Dr. Callender. I highly suggest that if you're experiencing any skin issues, you should consult with a dermatologist before starting any new regimen or before applying new products to your face.

Skin Type: OILY- problematic, sensitive skin with large pores..

Morning

Evening
  • Remove makeup with a makeup wipe ( I use neutrogena makeup remover pads or unscented baby wipes)
  • Do the oil cleansing method ( 50:50 mix of Grapeseed oil & Castor oil, 2 drops of vitamin E) ** I only do this if I'm wearing makeup.. If not I skip this..**
  • Steam face with a warm  (soft) wash cloth, wipe away oil residue
  • (1) pump of neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser ( purple bottle)
  • Apply with hands/rinse with cool water
  • Pat  dry
  • Spritz face with rose water
  • Apply 4% strength hydroquione with a q-tip to any dark marks or blemishes
  • Apply a thin layer of Differin Gel
Weekly
  • Change my pillow cases
  • Wash my makeup brushes ( using EVOO and Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo)

 Monthly
  • First Sunday of every month Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
Bi-Monthly


  •   See Dr. Callender
Quarterly

Today May 9th- Pressed Powder, Blush, Eyeshadow,
 & LipGloss ( Hair Flat-Twist Out)

There you have it!  That's my regimen- and  I stick to it- no matter how sleepy or tired I maybe.  I take the time to do all the above. Be sure to drink plenty of water and get rest. Suffering from insomnia I'm still struggling with getting enough sleep. ** Baby steps**


Dr. Valerie Callender is an internationally recognized Board Certified Dermatologist, who is known for her expertise in Pigmentation Disorders and the medical and surgical treatment of Hair Loss in Women.Dr. Callender has written twelve (12) textbook chapters and many articles for academic journals. She has recently co-edited a textbook on the Treatment for Skin of Color. Dr. Callender is a frequently invited speaker at national and international meetings.Dr. Callender has been a visiting Professor of Dermatology at Brown University, the University of Maryland, the University of Florida, Boston University/Tufts and the State University of New York. Dr. Callender has conducted and participated in over forty (40) research studies and clinical trials for both therapeutic and cosmetic products and is a consultant to many cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies. Dr. Callender is frequently quoted and featured in both print and electronic media (including a recent segment on the Dr. Oz Show on Hair Loss In Women) and serves on the Boards of the Women’s Dermatologic Society, where she is Secretary; the Skin of Color Society, where she is a founding member and President, and the North American Hair Research Society.


Dr. Valerie Callender
Dermatology & Cosmetic Center
1200 Annapolis Road
Suite 315
Glendale, MD 20769
301-249-0970

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...