Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Wavy Loc's








Friday evening, I tried a new maintenance routine on my locs and I must say I was happy with the results. I first did a Evoo/ Honey pre shampoo treatment ( same as a hot oil treatment- added raw honey to the Evoo mixture, sit bottle in a cup of hot *not boiling* water, shake, the apply) onto dry hair before I shampoo'd, covered with a plastic cap for 45 minutes, then shampoo'd with Au'Naturale Hair Wash, and Conditioned with Au'Naturale Hair Mask). I then started to re twist my roots using Au'Naturale Lemon Honey Twist & Loc Souffle,I secured a couple of locs with a clip on the ends, then braided 3-4 locs together and secured the ends with a small rubber band. I continued this process throughout my head, and covered my head with a silk bonnet and went to sleep. ** total twist time 45 minutes!!!**. I allowed my hair to "air" dry ( avoiding the hooded dryer- I was afraid that the dry heat would strip the moisture I had gained from pre washing my hair with oil and honey- I hope you can see how moist was loc's were in the pic of my loc's at the root). I took the braids down Monday morning before work- and the results were BEAUTIFUL- a head full of wavy loc's.. This was the fastest I ever re twisted my hair and I didn't have the aches and pains of the clips on my scalp (I'm very tender headed and the clips usually hurt my scalp). The roots stayed twisted and I maintained a good amount of length. I was very satisfied with the results and the time spent to obtain this style. ** Now lets see how long it last**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...