Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I wanna wash this grey outta my hair.. HELP!!!!

My beautiful head has been invaded by GREY HAIRS!!!!! they are popping up all over- even on my edges.. Everyday I find a new one!!! I plucked a few and it seems like 2 more grew in the same spot. The grey hair is so wirey and just... just.. I don't know.. but they are wanting to be seen.. My locs will be freshly twisted and they stick up as to say " heyyyyyyy.. hello how are you?" LMAO!!!!!! Due to my dilemma I started researching natural methods to coloring my hair.. ( I have got to wash the grey out of my hair..) During my research, I've come across a few methods that I've heard of, and some that has me wondering if it will really work.. ummmmmmm... Let's see....

Lemon Juice

Lemon juice has always been considered to be a preferred alternative to expensive hair colors. Squeeze the juice of one fresh lemon. This would give you approximately 2 tablespoons of juice. Add around 6 tablespoons of water to the lemon juice. Gently apply this to your hair. You need to adjust the quantity of the juice as per the length of the hair. Repeat the procedure for several weeks. With time, your hair will have natural highlights. Lemon juice also helps to get rid of dandruff.

Henna

Henna is also a wonderful option to color your hair naturally. Henna adds a shade of red to any kind of hair.Henna has many other properties that benefit hair. It adds a deep rich color naturally. Henna powder is available in any store that caters to hair care products. Mix the powder with adequate quantity of water (as mentioned on the box) and blend together to achieve a thick paste. Leave it on the hair and wash off after 2-3 hours. Pure henna color should always be preferred over henna that has dye components.

Black Tea
For a darker shade, you can opt for strong black tea. Prepare strong black tea and use this mixture over the hair once its washed and shampooed. Rinse it continuously with the same solution at least 10 times. Collect the water in a large vessel, which can be kept on the floor. After 10 rinses, leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse with water. This method will require patience but will help to give you naturally colored hair.

I am sure you will find this advice on hair coloring ideas to be useful although the results may take time ( I want a method a little more instant ). Natural ways can be more effective as compared to chemicals in the long run. So, have you found the right hair coloring method for your hair?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...