Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Natural Hairlista: Meet Kristi




What's your name and where are you from? Kristi ( EnjoyingTheJourneys), I’m from Fayetteville, NC but live in Maryland

What is your hair type? 4a/4b

Have you always been natural? No, If not, what inspired you to go natural? In the summer of 2008,after years of wasting money on expensive relaxers and noticing how incredibly thin my hair was looking, I decided to go natural. I cut off all of my chemically treated hair and rocked a tiny afro. Around the same time, my youngest daughter who didn’t grow a head full of hair until around her 2nd birthday had really soft fine hair, I didn’t want to relax it, and so it was all the more reason for me to learn how to
take care of our natural hair.

Did you transition? If so, for how long? 4 months.

How do you detangle your hair? I detangle my hair using cheapie conditioners like Suave or V05, I completely saturate it and part it in sections ( 4), then split those in half. I use my fingers to grab any shed hairs and pull those gently out. I follow that with a wide tooth comb. After the wide tooth comb glides through my hair. I go over it again with my denman brush.

What styles do you love to wear the most and why? I love braid outs and twist outs.

How do you go about achieving this style? I usually braid my hair up after its been washed and conditioned. When I go out, I let them out and have nice fluffy hair.

List the products that you use and how you use them. What is your current hair regimen? Share what works for you! I use Giovanni triple treat shampoo, kinky curly knot today as a leave in, and other products like shea butter, or shea moisture line of products for styling.


What do you love most about being natural? I love that my hair is healthy. I love that it is versatile. I can rock so many styles and looks.

Do you have any advice for other naturals? Have Patience with the process!! And embrace YOUR hair. Not everyone will have the same texture but all natural hair is beautiful.

Where on the web can we find more about you and your styles?
Blog: EnjoyingTheJourneys.com

Youtube: Youtube.com/EnjoyingTheJourneys

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Post MzSixx....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...