Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Product Review- Carol Daughter Loc Butter











Many of you that know me personally, know that I constantly complain about my curly, sometimes frizzy locs. Usually after I re twist my hair looks frizzy after 3 -4 days. I heard about Carols Daughter Loc butter ( http://www.carolsdaughter.com/). I must admit the $15 price tag was a little to steep for my purse. I'd asked many loc wearers about the product they used and to my amazement none of them mentioned Carols Daughter. I cam upon the Carols Daughter store while I was in Jersey City, NJ and the sales person was doing her job that day! She sold me the loc butter, Marguerite magic for my daughter and gave me several samples of the bath oil and body butter. I had the loc butter 2 weeks before I used it- ok the day is here.. I washed my hair as usual, sat down and started to re twist.. I was initially surprised at the light feeling of loc butter. I wasn't greasy, but provided the right amount of oil. I re twisted all my loc's, then took the loc and twisted them into bandu knots for a wavy/curly effect. After I my hair dried I un twisted the knots, and I had a beautiful head of wavy loc's. I styled them as usual ( the front braided back, and the back hanging down) it lasted two weeks!!!!! I was shocked. I thought ok, it was a fluke, lets try this again.. Again, I washed my hair and palm twisted my loc's, sat under a hooded dryer and the result was BEAUTIFUL!!!!... The second time, I didnt want the wavy effect, so I really got a chance to see my length, and my hair dried in 1 hour. When I use gels, and shea butters usually my hair takes + 1.5 hours to dry...

I highly recommend Carol's Daughter Loc Butter for loc/natural hair. I thought long and hard about purchasing the product, because I didn't know anyone who'd personally tried it. I wasn't thrilled about the $15 price tag- a little goes a long way, I still have practically a whole jar and I've used it twice. There's no residue build up. The product is light, yet functional. Also, I LOVE the aroma!!! Originally, this was another concern. I had no idea what the product would smell like. Carol's Daughter did not disappoint! I will definitely purchase it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the review. I was wondering if you think the carol's daughter loc butter has enough hold for starter locs that are a few inches long?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...