Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Thursday, November 11, 2010

How to Lighten Hair With Cinnamon








In my on going search to find natural methods to lighten my hair, I came across this interesting article on lighting your hair using cinnamon. I've heard about cinnamon being good to help with baldness, but a hair lighter?? I dont know, But I may try this over the weekend- Have any of you ever tried this? If so what were your results? Inquiring minds would like to know :)



Things You'll Need:


Cinnamon powder
Conditioner
Hair clip
Shower cap


Instructions

1. Combine cinnamon powder and hair conditioner in a one to one mixture. The amount you will need depends on the length of your hair; however, you should have enough to evenly coat your locks from root to tip.

2. Wet your hair and wring out the excess water. Comb your hair carefully to release any tangles which may prevent even distribution of the cinnamon and conditioner.


3. Apply the cinnamon and conditioner mixture evenly to your hair, mixing an extra batch if necessary. While you can't use too much, if you use to little your lightening will end up uneven and streaky. You can comb through your hair periodically to help move the cinnamon and conditioner evenly throughout.


4. Gather your hair in a bun and secure it with a hair clip. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the cinnamon and conditioner in your hair overnight. Rinse the mixture from your hair in the morning, shampooing as normal. If you would like to lighten your hair a bit more, apply the mixture again with no worry about damaging your hair.


Article Courtesy of Ehow.com

1 comment:

Tester said...

I've always wanted to try this and I think I will during my winter break. I hope it turns out well for you. Thanks for posting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...