Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The World's Longest Locs




From Black Voice-They measure 19 feet, 6 inches long. When dry, they weigh four pounds. When wet, at least 10 pounds. Asha Mandela has the longest dreadlocks in the world, making her an official Guinness World Record holder.
For Asha, it's more than just a hairstyle. It is a way of life and an expression of self.
"When I started growing my locks, I suddenly became very overprotective of them, as I felt they beheld all my energy, wisdom, knowledge and understanding and my over all strength. So I twisted, groomed and maintained them for myself... to the present," she explained in a recent e-mail interview.
Caring for hair of that length requires a lot of time, and a LOT of products. Check out how many bottles of shampoo she uses to wash her hair! Click here to read more

1 comment:

ashazulu said...

Greetings, thanks for the post. Thanks to all my brothers and sista's all over the world for there love and support..

Many Blessings,

Asha Zulu Mandela...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...