Au Naturale by Mz. Sixx Headlines

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Deep Conditioner Receipe


**Picture is after hair was DC and styled twist out**

Most of you know that I use very little commerical product on my hair. 97% of the items I apply to my hair, most of you have in your kitchen. I was making an egg white facial mask and didn't want to discard the yoke ( food is too expensive to disgard stuff). So I thought I would whip up a quick deep conditioner for my hair. The mixologist in me was experimenting and this is what I came up with.

1 egg yoke ( you can use the whole egg if desired)
1 tbsp of Raw Honey
2 tbsp EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 tbsp spoons of your favorite conditioner ( I used Garnier Fructis Haircare Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment)

Directions:
Beat (egg)yoke with a fork, add the remaining ingredients, mix until everything is well blended.

Substitutions:
* Feel free to substitute the olive oil for any natural oil of your choice.
* Add more oil for extra dry hair (e.g. 1 tablespoon).
* Add more honey for hair that needs more sheen (e.g. 2 tablespoons).

Instructions for Use:

* Section hair into 4 segments.
* Generously apply evenly to hair, from root to ends concentrating on ends
* Smooth hair into a protective style (e.g. braided ponytail, or bun).
* Put a conditioner cap or heat cap over hair
*let sit for 30-60 minutes
*Rinse, style as desired

Have you experimented with making homemade conditioner(s)?? I'm very curious to hear about your experiments and favorite homemade receipe- Lets talk about it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...